The name Church Hill is comparatively recent, as St George’s church was not built until 1825. The former name was Snape Hill.
St George’s Church
Originally named St George’s Whitwick as in 1827 it was a chapel of ease within the parish of Whitwick, even though the church became a parish in its own right in 1875, the name remained until the 1920s or 1930s.
St George’s Church became a listed building in 1983.
Mount Pleasant Farm
Mount Pleasant Farm is on the east side of Church Hill.