Named after the Station built by the Midland Railway on the Midland Railway deviation to Ashby and Burton. Prior to that it formed part of the Hinckley and Melbourne Road through the village.
Station Row is on the left side of Station Hill when ascending the hill.
Farmers at Elm Farm have included:
- John Fewkes 1892-1901
- Joseph Sheffield Shaw 1911-1918
- Arthur Adcock 1918 onwards.
Farmers at Hollies Farm have included:
- John Henry Walker 1927-1963
Station Terrace is near the top of the right side of Station Hill when ascending the hill.
The Midland Railway bought the Leicester and Swannington Railway in 1846. The new owners immediately set about extending the railway to Ashby de la Zouch and Burton on Trent. Swannington station was built as part of the 1848 extension.
The passenger service ceased in 1951. The site now houses permanent “mobile homes”.