Swannington Institute- Village Hall
Wyggeston Hospital provided the land in 1931 for the Miners Institute.
The Leicester Evening Mail on the 4th November 1932 reported:
Miners’ Institute Opening
Carnival Tomorrow at Swannington
The new miners’ institute built at Swannington with funds provided by the Leicestershire Miners’ Welfare Committee, is to be opened by Mr. William Eames, of Coalville, to-morrow night, when a whist drive and carnival dance will be held.
Mr. Leonard Swanwick of Coalville the architect, and the contractor, Mr. G. J. Lidwell, of Swannington, the contract price being £1,446.
The building was taken over by the Parish Council in 1949.