Queen’s Head (Ashby Road)
This should not be confused with the Queen’s Head, Thornborough Road.
Landlords / Landladies
1871-1881 William Taberner
The 1871 census records:
- William Taberner 69 Innkeeper, born Nuneaton
- Mary Taberner, wife, 65 born Keyworth
- Mary Ann Taberner, granddaughter, 4 born West Bromwich
William and his granddaughter were still at the Queen’s Head at the 1881 census
- William Taberner 79 Beerhouse Keeper, born Nuneaton
- William Taberner, grandson, 15 Coal Bank Labourer, born West Bromwich
- Mary Ann Taberner, granddaughter, 14 born West Bromwich
1883 Roger Smith
Ashby-de-la-Zouch Gazette – Saturday 01 December 1883 – TRANSFER OF LICENSES. The following licenses were transferred:— The New Inn, Whitwick, to John Shephard ; Queen’s Head, Swannington, to Roger Smith ; Abbey Inn, Whitwick, to Thomas Thorpe ; and the Plough Inn, Ashby, to George Hines.