This page lists the main updates applied to this website, minor updates such as diary changes take place every week.
25th October – St George’s Hill – More maps and information.
- Saturday 19th – Dressed to Impress! The Brewin family who seemed to take over Hough Hill.
- Wednesday 16th – The Hall family and a 1948 wedding.
- Saturday 12th – The Barkby family who branched out throughout Swannington.
- Friday 11th – Sidney James, navy hero, more on the James family
- Wednesday 9th – Kath Pickering the footballing Sunday School teacher, more on the Pickering family
- Tuesday 8th – The Berkin family of St George’s Hill and Montana.
- Sunday 6th – Photos on the Fewkes family page.
- Saturday 5th – Seafarers of the world on the Fowkes family page.
- Tuesday 1st – a Hello Heritage page describing the family information boards
14th-16th June Hough Mill Restoration – photographs of the framework sails being added to the mill.
19th June Swannington History, Unknown Gallery page added – can you help identify these Swannington people?
28th April Swannington History Buildings page – added the Primitive Methodist, Wesleyan Methodist and Coleorton Baptist chapels plus Quaker Meeting House and New Swannington Wesleyan Reform Union to the Religious Buildings part of the page.
23rd April Swannington History pages – added School to the Organisations page, also the Anchor Inn, Bull’s Head, King’s Arms and Railway Inn to the Buildings page.
20th April Hough Mill Today page – new set of photographs showing the mill floors following the 2018 reconfiguration of the mill.
16th April Califat Coal Mine page – April dig report. A Coal Mining Dynasty re the interconnecting Walker, Bailey, Lewis and Gray families who were coal mine owners, mining engineers, colliery managers, coal merchants and more.
8th April Windmill pages – Windmill Development examples from Somerset and Lincolnshire windmills, Commercial Operation new page describing the non technical aspects of windmills, Mill Family – Kirby the children who lived in Hough Mill
6th April News Post – We Hope Sails Are Coming To Hough Mill
5th April Coal & Rail pages – Bell & Gin Pits sketch from LIHS
4th April Nature pages – Snibston No 3 information re weekend volunteers