. . . . . . . New pages for churches, chapels, farms, public houses - look under Swannington History menu . . . . . . .

Swannington’s Public Houses

Public houses within the current or former boundaries of the parish of Swannington.  Sadly, only three of the premises are still in operation as public houses.

Anchor Inn – Anchor Lane / Loughborough Road

Bricklayers Arms – Ashby Road, was Swannington until 1894 / 1912

Bull’s Head – Main Street

Fountain Inn – Main Street

Jolly Colliers – Thornborough Road, was Swannington until 1936.

King’s Arms – The Moor, Coleorton, was Swannington until 1936. check opening times

Queen’s Head – Ashby Road, was Swannington until 1894 / 1912

Queen’s Head – Thornborough Road, was Swannington until 1936.

Railway Inn – Main Street

Robin Hood – Spring Lane / Main Street – check opening times

Station Inn – Hough Hill – check opening times

Talbot Arms – Corner of Talbot Lane and Talbot Street, Thringstone, was Swannington until 1936.

Wagon and Horses – Ashby Road, was Swannington until 1894 / 1912

In addition to the above several possibilities are still being investigated

  • The Engine – Ashby Road
  • A beer house in New Swannington

Research Ongoing – Can you help?

Barker & Co’s 1875 directory lists

  • John Clamp at the Waggon and Horses – where was the Waggon and Horses?
  • Catherine Coleman, beer retailer – where?
  • Joseph Sharpe, farmer and beer retailer – where?
  • William Taberner, beer retailer – where?